An Italian Luncheon
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
2 Lb. Dececco spaghetti or linguine
2 or 3 Tbs. salt for the pasta cooking water
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves
1 or 2 dry hot red peppers or jalapeno, chili, sweet red pepper.
1 pint oil cured black olives, pitted and chopped.
1 bunch of parsley
1. Heat ½ the oil on a low flame with the sliced garlic and peppers in it. When it begins to sizzle. Watch!. Allow to cool. Drain and remove garlic and peppers and add to the rest of the oil.
2. Prepare olives and wash and chop parsley.
3. In the meantime cook noodles “al dente.”
4. Strain noodles, don’t rinse. Don’t rinse. Add oil, olives, parsley. Serve immediately.
(Note: If using cheese, add first so it will stick, then add oil)
Suggestions: Romano – ½ cow , ½ sheep.
Peccorino – sheep milk.
Insalata Di Radicchio & Arugala
2 heads of radiccio
1 bunch of arugala
1 head of iceberg lettuce
½ red onion
1 tsp. celery seed
2 tsp. paprika
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. salt ( approx )
½ tsp pepper ( approx )
1. Wash and trim all leaves.
2. Slice iceberg and radicchio. Coarsely rip Arugala. Slice red onion thin. Combine all vegetables.
3. In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients. Sprinkle dressing on salad and toss.
(preheat oven 350 degrees 16 cookies)
1 cup almonds (pre-roasted 7 minutes)
1 cup roasted rolled oats (till golden brown)
½ cup sesame seeds (1/2 roasted)
1 cup whole wheat pastry or rice flour (rice gives crunchier taste)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt or ½ teaspoon white miso
1 ½ tsp. roasted anise seeds
½ cup maple or rice syrup
½ cup canola oil
1 tsp.vanilla extract (or ½ vanilla & ½ anise extract)
½ tsp. almond extract
apple juice if needed (if batter is too dry)
1. Blend all dry items in Cuisinart (except ½ sesame seeds, cinnamon and flour, anise seeds.)
2. Grind anise in coffee grinder.
3. Add dry ingredients together except sea salt.
4. Add wet ingredients oil, syrup, sea salt, or miso extract. Mix in blender.
5. Mix wet and dry.
6. Add juice if needed.
7. Shape cookies into logs roll in sesame seeds, 1 Tbs. at a time. (About size of thumb) Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Cook 20 minutes and check.